TRANSFORM YOUR RUNNING WITH US ...
Be part of a team of runners of ALL abilities as we develop technique, speed, endurance, learn to prevent injuries and stay motivated with high-energy workouts!
ABOUT TEMPOFIT DUNEDIN
A 6-week season of TempoFit is the ultimate tune-up for runners of ALL abilities. If you want to get faster, run smoother, be injury free, go further, and have more fun ... you've come to the right place!
Each 6-week season includes three workouts per week:
- TLC: Technique, drills, core, conditioning, strides … all that stuff that will help make you a smoother, less injury-prone and happier runner. Slightly less intensity than the Accelerate workouts.
- ACCELERATE: Learn to get out of first gear and unleash your inner Ferrari! These workouts are tailored for the individual and gradually increase in intensity over the season.
- LSD: Long, social and scenic distance runs. These are designed to develop endurance and aerobic capacity. Plus, you'll explore Dunedin in all it's Sunday-morning beauty, meet loads of fellow runners, and be guided around by our TempoFit Pace Leaders.
You'll also receive a 6-week training plan, weekly motivational emails, online training guidance (if you can't make the odd workout) and access to our incredibly supportive Facebook group.
Dunedin TempoFit is presented in partnership with Athletics Otago and Athletics New Zealand.
Members of Dunedin TempoFit are also entitled to a handy little discount at Physio Performance Ltd (8 Broadway, Dunedin).
The Dunedin TempoFit workouts are as follows:
- TLC: 5:30-6:30pm Mondays @ Logan Park
- ACCELERATE: 5:30-6:30pm Thursdays @ Logan Park
- LSD: 9am Sundays @ Various scenic locations throughout Dunedin (typically meeting at central cafe)
And, if you find yourself out of town, all TempoFit members are welcome to visit other TempoFit locations around the country (if the season dates line up).
We'd love to have you on the team at our next 6-week season.
5:30-6:30pm MONDAYS & THURSDAYS, 8am SUNDAYS
Meet at the Caledonian Ground, Logan Park, Logan Park Dr, Dunedin. There is free parking and toilets at the venue. Look for the TempoFit flags.
This TempoFit is hosted by Athletics Otago.
Will I be fast enough for TempoFit?
If you can run 5k non-stop, then absolutely yes! We have designed TempoFit especially for you! We wanted a programme that was tailored to the needs of the individual but still allowed runners of all abilities to train together. This is what makes TempoFit so unique. You WILL fit in!
It’s raining, is TempoFit running?
Yes. Always. (Although sometimes we alter workouts to allow for adverse weather.)
Can I attend different TempoFit locations?
Yes. Mix and match to suit your work and family commitments. But aim to do just three TempoFit workouts per week: one TLC, one Accelerate and one LSD. TempoFit members can even visit TempoFit in other cities if season dates align.
Is it just for runners or can beginners and other sports people join?
At TempoFit we have everyone from rugby players to recovering couch potatoes and from ultra runners to gym junkies. We'll tailor the workouts to your fitness level and you'll find the technique, speed and endurance developments will cross into loads of other sports.