NOTE: We are currently not holding The Mud Club but we are doing TempoFit Kids. Check it out here.
Whether you’re training for school cross country, wanting to get fitter for sport or just wanting to have fun outdoors, this is for you! Plus, it’s FREE!
Every Tuesday afternoon (in Term 3 2021):
- Tamariki (8-11 years) 3:20 to 4:00pm
- Rangatahi (12-16 years) 4:15-5pm
Relays, challenges, obstacle courses, short trail runs, movement games, and expert running coaching—all to get you amped on moving and being in nature.
The Mud Club is run by TempoFit in conjunction with Sport Taranaki, who have funded the programme making it free. Your coaches are TempoFit head running coach and commentator Hayden Shearman and personal trainer Pallak Manan Singh.
Held at Pukekura Park’s Hatchery Lawn, you’ll be running around some epic local scenery. Plus, parents can chill at the cafe or lakeside while you get all muddy!!!
Keen? Great! Please hit the Book Online button below to register your child.
- Sessions: Every Tuesday afternoon —Tamariki (8-11 years) 3:20 to 4:05pm; Rangatahi (12-16 years) 4:15-5pm.
- Cost: It’s FREE! But you must book via the contact form below to make sure you don’t miss out (each session has a maximum of 15 attendees so get in quick!).
- Dates: The Mud Club is held every Tuesday after school (between 3:20 and 5pm) at Pukekura Park during Term 3 (for 10 weeks). The first session is 27 July and the last is 28 September 2021.
- Location: Hatchery Lawn, Pukekura Park (this is the lawn where concerts are held during Festival of Lights (between the Bandstand and the Fountain Lake). You can park just near the cricket ground from the main entrance at Liardet Street (and this is where the nearest toilets and changing rooms are).
Who’s The Mud Club for? Everyone aged 8 to 16! Regardless of your fitness level or experience with running, The Mud Club is for you. We tailor all exercises to suit the individual and still aim to do it together and keep it super fun and social.
What do I bring? Any exercise clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty (shorts and t-shirt, and a jacket if it’s cold/rainy) and running shoes. Please do not bring valuables (e.g. phones and wallets) that may be left unattended as we can’t guarantee these will be watched all the time.
What should parents/caregivers know? All attendees MUST have written consent from a parent and include all medical info about your child. This can be completed online when you register or in-person. You’re welcome to stay and watch the session (and even join in!), but if you do pop away please make sure you can pick up your child at the end of the session.
Is it all running? Most of our challenges and games are based around running, but we also incorporate fun exercises and movements to improve coordination, balance, team work and confidence.
How exhausting is The Mud Club? We believe that if you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong. So smiles is the number one goal. And part of getting there is doing plenty of stuff you know you can do and doing just a couple of things each session that test the limits just a little. So, expect to feel pleasantly tired but massively amped after each session.
What happens if it’s raining? If it’s just showers we will go ahead, but if the weather is super wet and/or super windy we will text all registered parents/caregivers before 2pm to confirm or cancel. If you don’t hear from us, assume it’s on.